WA College of Agriculture, Cunderdin has a long and proud history of providing agricultural and affiliated trades education in a residential setting to students in Years 11 and 12 from across Western Australia.
Whether aspiring to attend university or pursuing an employment, training or apprenticeship pathway, our students have access to first-class facilities, cutting-edge technology and machinery. Highly experienced and knowledgeable staff complement all areas of student’s study to support them on their pathway of choice.
Our graduates are represented across the state, particularly in the agricultural sector, reflecting the unique opportunities provided by the College. The ideal mix of practical and academic elements allows students to forge a diverse range of career paths and future studies.
Our College is located 3kms north of the Cunderdin town-site. We are a fully co–educational, residential complex catering for up to 140 students in residence. Our commercial farm comprises 4,063 ha of land of which 2,516 ha are arable. Various stock and cropping enterprises are undertaken on the farm for the educational benefit of students which includes a significant cropping program, pork, cattle, sheep and poultry production, a butcher shop and more. Students also have the opportunity to agist their personal horses on site. Students have the opportunity to enrol in a variety of agricultural related Certificate II and III qualifications.
Our Trade Training Centre is fitted out with state-of-the-art machinery and technology and provides students with a diverse array of training offerings including multiple Certificate II qualifications in the areas of automotive, engineering, building, and construction and furniture making.
Our Class area provides students a WACE pathway in either the General or ATAR stream with highly engaging courses for students of all abilities. Our Class area has Education Assistants and remedial literacy and numeracy program to support students with specific learning needs requiring additional support. Our ATAR students are prepared for university pathways via the provision of Elevate Education study skills sessions, ATAR camps, on-site trials and also have opportunities to engage in sessions with our College agronomist.
Our College places a high priority on supporting the physical, mental and emotional health of all of our students. Our Wellbeing programs are diverse and are embedded within school and residential initiatives throughout the year. Our aim is to develop the whole individual through both academic and personal growth by fostering a safe and engaging environment for all of our students to enjoy and succeed in.
Our high-performing College is frequently acknowledge through formal awards and competitions with recent notable College achievements including:
- WA Department of Training and Workforce Development (DTWD) Awards ‘Small RTO of the Year’ Finalist (2022)
- SCSA VET Exhibition Award, Certificate of Merit and Beazley Medal (VET) Finalist – Danielle Iles (2022)
- SCSA VET Certificate of Excellence: Primary, Environmental and Animal Care Industries – Danielle Iles (2022)
- SCSA VET Certificate of Excellence: Automotive, Engineering and Logistics – Cejay Hill (2022)
- SCSA VET Certificate of Excellence: Primary, Environmental and Animal Care Industries – Jillian Morris (2022)
- World Skills (State) Gold Medal: Automotives – Emily Van Essen (2022)
- AWI Future Sheep Producers Champions – Perth Royal Show (2022)
- SCSA Beazley Medal: VET recipient – Charlotte Crossen (2021)
- SCSA VET Certificate of Excellence: Automotive, Engineering and Logistics – Jack Waters (2021)
- SCSA VET Certificate of Excellence: Primary, Environmental and Animal Care Industries – Charlotte Crossen (2021)
- SCSA VET Certificate of Excellence: Primary, Environmental and Animal Care Industries – Jack Waters (2021)
- SCSA VET Certificate of Merit – Charlotte Crossen and William Lethlain (2021)
- WA Education Awards ‘School Support Staff Member of the Year’ – Assistant Farm Manager, Madison Corsini (2021)
- World Skills (Nationals) Gold and Silver Champions: – Jack Waters and Aaron Cuthbertson (2021)
- Gate 2 Plate Champions (2021)
- Farm Skills Champions (2021)
- ‘Top WA Public School (WACE Attainment)’ (2020)
- SCSA VET Certificate of Excellence: Primary, Environmental and Animal Care Industries – Marion Lewis (2020)